If you’re not one of the lucky few hundred-thousand who can conveniently get to where you need to go via Uber/Lyft, the public transit system, e-scooter, biking or walking, chances are you’re driving yourself and LA has proven to be quite the battleground for parking.
In fact, after World War II, Los Angeles began to assimilate themselves into the modern era of industrialization. LA adopted massive freeways, abandoned the streetcar system and people started to drive themselves everywhere they went. As the number of drivers in LA continued to rise, so did the demand for parking availability.
More drivers and less available parking meant that folks were just leaving their cars in random places, much like a person might leave their bicycle or scooter unattended, attached to a light post or leaning up against a building.
It wasn’t until the mid-1930s when LA started ensuring that new developments must include a minimum amount of parking spaces to keep up with the growing number of drivers and the demand for more spaces.
Today, every new apartment complex, restaurant and business in the country must adhere to similar parking lot requirements including:
- Churches, temples, and other places of worship must have 1 space per 5 persons based on maximum occupancy of the largest assembly area.
- Businesses and professional offices must have one parking spot per 400 sq. ft.
- Apartments vary depending on whether you have 1-2 bedrooms, which is 1-1.5 covered standard space per dwelling unit.
- For guest parking in apartments with over 10 units, 1 standard space must be made available per 4 dwelling units.
Solving Parking Issues for Los Angeles
In LA, the demand for parking spaces vary across the city and the county. Meaning, what you experience in downtown LA or The San Fernando Valley isn’t representative of the overall parking situation.
Some parking conflicts that plague others are easy to solve on your own, while others are vastly more complicated and rely on the help of a secure, professional parking management company in Los Angeles.
Parking Pass specializes in assisting lot managers with their LA parking enforcement solutions. We provide parking lot management software solutions for residential, commercial and public spaces including:
- Multifamily: Designate parking spots for residents and guests, offering vehicle registration
- Condominiums & HOAs: Control parking for renters and homeowners according to lease paperwork
- Security & Lot Enforcement: Easy-to-use software to enforce rules and regulations, creating a safer experience
- Concerts & Sporting Events: Streamline parking at venues so people can quickly and easily find parking
- Universities: Create stress-free parking so students and faculty can get to work or class quicker
- Commercial & Business: Leave a good lasting impression on your customers by creating a great parking experience
Parking Lot Management Services We Offer
Whether your business is downtown or on The Harbor and no matter what kind of situation you have, Parking Pass is your one-stop shop for parking lot management. We have developed a range of tools we can customize to meet your needs:
- Parking Revenue Calculator
- Visitor Parking Management Solutions
- Automated License Plate Readers
- Online Registration & Approval
- Parking Enforcement Solutions
- Assigned Spot Management Solutions
- Detailed Parking Reports
- Online Parking Citations
Whether it’s one issue, or many, at Parking Pass, we have software solutions for you.
Assigned Parking Spot Management
Easily assign and manage parking spaces in your parking lot or parking garage.
Manage your digital parking permits online for ease-of-access, including online parking reports and citations to easily enforce your parking policies and regulations.
Visitor Parking Management
24/7 paperless online guest vehicle registration without the fuss. Nothing to print or place on the vehicle.
Easy to read reports and graphs provide a snapshot of a property’s parking situation.
Digital Parking Permit Management
The resident-friendly solution that prevents high towing/booting charges for residents that seldomly violate rules & regulations.
Automated License Plate Readers
Computer-controlled, high-speed cameras that capture and convert license plate data.
Online Parking Registration
Your residents can complete an online registration and approval process so you can get started on managing your lot efficiently.
Our parking citation system is incorporated with the rules and regulations that are customized by the client.